Tuesday, October 4, 2011

God is No Mystery

"God works in mysterious ways." At least that is what we hear quite often for an explanation of some tragedy, or even some miracle, that happens in our lives. The truth is that God's ways are not mysterious. He explains them in His Word through various writers. He spent quite some time explaining to Israel what He wanted from them and yet they still went astray. He spent three and a half years showing us how He wanted Christians to live as examples for the lost and dying, yet we still seem to struggle with living a Christ-like life. There are books of all kinds to tell you how to live your life like a Christian, but there is only one Authority on the subject and He wrote those letters to us over about a hundred years using different men to pen the words. We only have to prayerfully study His Word to understand the simplicity of how we are to live. God didn't make it hard for us, in fact Jesus said in Matthew 11 28"Come unto Me all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29Take My yoke upon you and learn of Me, for I am meek and lowly in heart, and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30For My yoke is easy, and My burden is light." (21st Century KJV). Are there mysteries in the Bible, yes. The way that God expects us to live our lives is not one of those mysteries, however. We may not know all of the answers, but God expects us to live our life as Christians through faith in Him. One of my favorite verses in the Bible is, "8bNevertheless when the Son of Man cometh, shall He find faith on the earth?" (21st Century KJV). Today, as I look around I find faith is still alive in many, but I fear the number who do not live in faith is increasing. Faith is not something earned or bought in the marketplace. Faith begins when a person makes the decision to trust what God says, whether through His Holy Word or revealed through the Holy Spirit. That trust usually begins when a person goes to an altar before God and places the fate of their soul in His hands. The "altar" that I mean is the one in your heart, because if your heart doesn't change, then you won't change. "For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation." (Romans 10:10, 21st Century KJV) Today, right now, make your confession of faith. The Bible tells us in Jesus' own words that there is only one way to the Father and that is through faith in Jesus Christ, God's Only Begotten Son. "Jesus said unto him, 'I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life; no man cometh unto the Father, but by Me.'" (John 14:6, 21st Century KJV) I want all of my family and friends to enter into heaven, that's a given, but that is not the limit of my desire. I want everyone who reads this and everyone who comes within earshot or eyesight of me to go to heaven as well. I want children in countries that I can't even pronounce the name of to go to heaven. My desire is to spread the Good News of Jesus Christ to those who don't know Him, so that they might enter heaven as well. Again I say, today make Jesus your Lord and Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment