Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Heart's Desire 8-17-11

Recently, I have been desiring a closer walk with God and to have a better understanding of what He wants of me. I've been getting tired of doing things my way. I have been seeking His way for a long time and now I want to be fully used by Him. His Word reveals that we should be "going about and doing good" and I wonder in my daily walk, "What good have I done today?" There have been many days when I considered this question and was forced to give an unpleasant answer...very little to none, when viewed through the prism of God's definition of good. I regret those days and have asked for God's forgiveness for the missed opportunities. Now, I look for any opportunity, in every situation, to do some good, to say some word of encouragement, be the Light in darkness. I hope that when God judges all that I will have met even a fraction of those moments with the Light of Jesus shining through me, not for my sake, but for the sake of those who needed His Light at those opportune moments. If one soul is turned to Jesus because I was a willing vessel that He could use when the time came, I will consider my life to have been well spent. There are many lost souls that I pray for and I hope that one day soon they will find Him, whether through me or another isn't important, so long as Jesus is the One they find for their salvation.

No comments:

Post a Comment